Doesn’t matter if you love the gluten-free diet or you’re completely devoted to the plant-based world, at one point or another, you’re definitely gonna come across this nutty pseudo-grain before. I guess that point is here with you looking for vegan quinoa recipes.
Quinoa has been getting a whole lot of attention lately and honestly, it deserves that. This grain is not only super delicious, but it’s also incredibly healthy for you.
Health Benefits of Quinoa.
- extremely nutritious. It’s fully packed with protein (8g of protein per one cup of quinoa).
- very very high in fiber
- very high in antioxidants
- a great source of important minerals like magnesium & iron
- gluten-free, which makes it amazing for people who suffer from gluten intolerance
With all these health benefits, nobody would want to give this thing up. Although it can be very hard to find good vegan quinoa recipes, I’ve compiled a list of 21 delicious vegan quinoa recipes that are actually very healthy.
21 Vegan Quinoa Recipes You’ve Never Tried Before.
Here are all the most desirable vegan quinoa recipes that feature this protein-packed whole grain. From salads to tacos and chili, here are 21 vegan quinoa recipes you didn’t know you were looking for.
1. Kale & Quinoa Chili
Quinoa Chili is stocked with nutrient-dense ingredients like quinoa, beans, and kale. If you are looking for the tastiest vegan chili in the food industry, this one right here is just perfect. It’s quick and easy to make.
It’s also a perfectly healthy substitute for traditional taco soup. Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 172kcal
- Fat: 1g
- Carbs: 39g
- Protein: 7g
Get the complete recipe here: There Is Life After Wheat.
2. Fiesta Quinoa Salad
With only 20 mins total cook time, this recipe serves healthy dishes for 5 to 7 people. This Mexican-inspired quinoa meal uses both regular & red quinoa for added texture and color. But you can use all white if you cannot find red quinoa.
- 1 cup white quinoa, plus ¼ cup red quinoa, washed and drained
- 1 cup fresh corn, off the cob
- 2 cups of filtered water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup finely diced yellow pepper (or another color bell pepper)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Get the complete recipe here: Forks Over Knives
3. Simple Curry Spiced Quinoa
Simple Curry Spiced Quinoa is a perfect accompaniment to festive fall dishes and it also packs well for meal prepping for lunch. It’s quick & easy to make as it only takes 30 minutes to cook this recipe.
Cook your quinoa with curry powder and serve it with beans, chickpeas, and more.
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup of water
- Juice from 1 lemon (~2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs (I used a combo of mint, cilantro, and parsley)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted, roasted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Nutrition per serving (1/6th recipe):
- Calories: 199kcals
- Fat: 5.5g
- Carbs: 30g
- Protein: 8g
Get the complete recipe here: Debbie Dishes
4. Sweet Potato Quinoa Chickpea Salad.
This salad can definitely be called a super salad as it’s incredibly nutritious and super tasty. Creamy roasted sweet potato chunks with nutty quinoa and the crunch of peppers and seeds make a delicious combination.
Sweet Potato Quinoa Chickpea Salad is packed with protein. With a whole lot of ingredients, there’s a little prep work, but the result is just worth it.
- 1 medium sweet potato
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 301kcal
- Carbs: 43g
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 9g
Get the complete recipe here: The Food Blog
5. Curried Quinoa with Roasted Cauliflower
This recipe includes Quinoa cooked in coconut milk with aromatic Indian flavors, mixed with greens and topped with delicious roasted cauliflower. A true and simple, vegan, and gluten-free meal.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
Curried coconut quinoa with greens
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon curry powder of choice (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well in a fine-mesh colander
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups baby arugula or chopped chard, spinach, maybe even kale*
- Optional garnishes: 2 green onions, chopped, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 355kcal
- Fat: 17.9g
- Carbs: 41.1g
- Protein: 11.4g
Get the complete recipe here: Cookie And Kate
- 14+ Healthy Buddha Bowl Recipes
- 14+ Incredibly Tasty Mediterranean Diet Slow Cooker Recipes
- 13+ Vegan Crockpot Recipes That Will Satisfy Any Dinner Cravings
Delicious & Healthy Vegan Quinoa Recipes.
- Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls
- Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Porridge with Chocolate
- Peruvian Quinoa Porridge
- Quinoa Apple Crumble
- Mexican Quinoa Recipe
- Quinoa Stuffed Roasted Peppers
- Baked Beet Falafel Quinoa Bowl
- Vegan Cilantro Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- Quinoa Curry Bowl
- Quinoa with Acorn Squash & Pomegranate
- Pesto Quinoa
- Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos
- Vegan Pea Cauliflower Quinoa Pilaf
- Vegan Chickpea + Quinoa ‘Meatballs’ + Polenta
- Colorful Beet Salad with Quinoa & Spinach
Have you tried quinoa before? Did any of these vegan quinoa recipes look exciting enough? Because these really are the tastiest and the healthiest vegan quinoa recipes.
Share this article with your friends and family because sharing is caring. What you give to nature, nature gives back to you. Ciao.